Recording Area Annual Totals

97 Species in 2013, 99 in 2012, 94 in 2011, 108 species were recorded in 2010;



Wednesday 7 November 2012

I just can't get you out of my head.....

Yes, getting back to my car today at the entrance to LATIMER PLACE, I heard a bird repeatedly calling which sounded like a YELLOW-BROWED WARBLER. It called 5 times in quick succession and seemed to be coming from the dense ivy-clad bushes adjacent to the gate and stile. I waited and searched for about half an hour later but saw or heard nothing more. I don't know if I was hearing things and it was a Pied Wagtail nearby - just don't know, but I have a sneaking suspicion there's a Yellow-browed Warbler hiding in there somewhere. I pished a number of times but only raised a female Chaffinch but did glimpse a smaller bird twice.

No comments: